A breast lift can do wonders for the appearance of sagging breasts. While the results will last for a long time, they are not permanent. Age and gravity will prevail and your breasts will inevitably begin to droop. With time, your breasts will also lose tone and elasticity, so the procedure may need to be repeated in the future. But many patients undergo a breast lift only once in their lifetime.
The longevity of your breast lift depends on various factors, such as:
- The quality and thickness of your skin
- Your skin’s laxity
- The weight of your breast
- The breast lift technique used
- Your age (younger patients get longer-lasting results)
- Whether breast implants were used
- Pregnancy following the breast lift
In general, you can expect your mastopexy to last between 10 and 20 years. You can help increase the longevity of your procedure by:
- Wearing a supportive bra
- Not smoking or working in a smoky environment
- Staying out of the sun and tanning booths
- Eating healthy
- Controlling your weight
If you live in the Houston, Texas area and are interested in a breast lift procedure, board-certified Houston plastic surgeon Dr. Lapuerta can help you decide if this surgery is right for you. Please contact our office for details.